This hearty stew is great for a warm evening at home with your family.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time6 hours
Total Time6 hours 20 minutes
Course: Soup, Dinner
Keywords: Slow cooker, dairy-free, gluten-free
Servings: 6 people
- One pound of lean ground turkey, about 93% lean (optional lean ground chicken/beef).
- One small sweet onion
- One carrot diced
- One sweet potato diced
- One turnip diced
- One red beet, or golden, diced
- 14 1/2 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste can
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- One teaspoon sea salt or kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- One cup of tomato juice and vegetable juice (carrot juice) make a great alternative!
- Three cups water (use 2 1/2 cups) for a thicker chili.
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- On medium heat, cook the turkey and onion in a large skillet. Break up into small pieces. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink. Drain the fat and discard.
- Cook the meat and other ingredients in a slow cooker for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. A slow cooker of 4-6 quarts is recommended.
- Mix in the cooked quinoa, and serve!
Calories: 272kcalSmartPoints (Freestyle: 6
SmartPoints (Freestyle: 6